Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crazy or Just Plain Stupid

So I just finished reading an article about the top 10 craziest things caught by airport security in 2011.  I cannot figure out if these people are crazy or just plain stupid, why would someone try to get these things past airport security.
I don't know about most people but TSA seems to ban a vast number of things.
As a rule of thumb I would say if you have the slightest concern over the object I wouldn't carry it with you.
First of my top list is the Batman knife.

Really.... I don't know if this guy thinks he's the caped crusader himself or just a bonehead.  Who owns stuff like this never mind carries it around or best yet, tries to board a plane with one?
I'd be worried about losing a pair of nail clippers never mind trying to get through with a bat blade.
Well I guess Sheldor of Nasaroth will be one bat blade short this new year.

My next favorite was the knives in a book.
Are you trying to a super spy like 007 or hide your rock hammer like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Redemption?  Honestly who beside the ten year old kid next door tries to hide something in a hollowed out book?








Lastly and just plain old stupid is this guy, who tried to check his bag filled with land mines.
Mind you they we inert but really, come on really!....
In the story the bomb squad needed to be called in, all badgage was re-routed and flights were delayed.
To be honest, you should probably be black listed on the TSA's no fly list, really who thought this was an acceptable or practical idea.
Did this guy think that the land mines would be great paper weight or door stoppers for friends and was too cheap to deliver them FedEx or something.
At the very least, the other two had some sort of stupid dorkism or creativity behind their thinking but this guy was just plain stupid.
If I had to vote I would put a check mark next to this guys name for a Darwin Award, or at least moron of 2011


Here's to all the Crazies and Stupid's out there
Happy 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment